It was built in 1815 intended for a large family. Originally, it had 12 rooms on two floors, a large oval main room with a dome ceiling, two octagonal twin parlors, fan windows identical to the doorway at the Hunt Morgan house. The Marquis LaFayette purportedly stayed at Plancentia in 1824 while visiting the US to raise money for a French revolution. Around 1825, it became The Sign of the Golden Eagle tavern and inn. Henry Clay made a famous political speech at Plancentia on July 27, 1827.
Plancentia's Federalist style was considered architecturally important for Lexington. The recent completion of Citation Blvd. as the northern beltway, placed the property well within the Lexington urban area. That position is likely a major reason for Plancentia's demise. Despite efforts to have it saved for historic preservation, Plancentia was razed on January 17, 2002. Plancentia was owned by the Fister Family from 1882 till 1986